Thursday, September 18, 2008

Spaghettios: human food or dog food?

We were looking in the grocery adds and saw that Albertson's was having a super deal on Cambells soups and labels for education. Since there is a contest at the kids' school we decided to go get some. We don't actually use cream of chicken or mushroom anymore so I figured we could get a couple cans of spaghettios and the kids might like it. This was their very first time eating them. We had it for lunch. Bekah's response, "this is yucky I'm not eating it.", Erin's, "can I go play now.", and Violet didn't even touch hers.

Well we have a rule at our house. If mom puts it in front of you to eat you eat it or it will be there for the next meal and the next until it is gone. This rule usually works.

At dinner the girls are VERY hungery and a little upset that they get the same bowl of spaghettios but relieved they get a new piece of bread to go with it. TJ having missed out at the lunch scene said he would trade with Bekah. Mind you he had a bowl full of fresh picked creamy potato and basil soup. He took 2 bites of Bekah's spaghettios and almost threw up. He then pushed her bowl back and said, "I can't eat that it makes me choke."

Needless to say spaghettios has officially been banned from our house. How great are kids!?

2 comments:

Suzie said...

Wow what an experience. Not as bad at my house, but I still don't open a can very often. We're lucky Dad can handle them, because we have many cans of Spaghettios. Thanks for the laugh this morning!

Wise Family said...

I have to agree with the kids on this one. Spaghettios even smell horrible. I've tried to give them to the girls before and they wouldn't touch them either. Great to see pics of you guys. You make me laugh!