Monday, April 13, 2009

Style Gurus

The first debut of this skirt I made for Bekah with fabric my mom found at a garage sale. And yes, she picked out her own outfit. This was taken about 2 years ago. Then Erin got the skirt...

Erin was told to go get dressed so she could play outside and this is how she very proudly came back into the kitchen to show me she was ready for the day. Not a single item of clothing (even her panties) was purchased for her they are all hand me downs. I made sure to praise her for her very colorful style and ask her to get me the camera so I could document this moment.

I am jsut so greatful that they are comfortable enough to express themselves through their fashion modestly. Allowing your kids to dress themselves is one of the best things we as parents can do. Plus we get free entertainment on occasion. Everybody wins!





2 comments:

Dedra said...

I remember when you made that skirt! Both girls could easily be Americas next top model! So cute.

we2 said...

I love it such style such grace such beauty. Reminds me of their mother when she was little and the outfits she came up with. ABSOLUTELY FABULOS!!